Did anyone else wait too long to start holiday shopping? I always have such lofty goals in November about all the things I’m going to do for the holidays – knitting for people, sewing for people, buying gifts and decorating the house. Somehow mid-December sneaks around way too quickly and Christmas is almost here. Since taking up sewing and knitting, it has created a new genre of Holiday gifts – handmade Holiday gifts. I put together this listing of some quick and easy holiday gifts that you have just enough time to complete before the holidays!
Accessories for On the Go!
- Tote Bags: Everyone can always use another tote bag. I use them for everything – taking things to work, to the gym, carrying things from the car. There are a lot of simple tote bag patterns on Pinterest like this one here but my favorite bag of the moment is the Noodlehead Go Anywhere Bag. I made one earlier this year and have been using it as my work bag ever since!
- Zippered Pouch – To go along with my need for so many tote bags are zipper pouches to go in them. I always have a couple in purse and keep a few in my sewing bag to hold threads, needles, bobbins and other notions. They’re also a great use of scraps or the random fat quarter bundle you bought cause the fabric was cute!
- Sew Together Bag – For a little more of an involved gift, my new favorite zipper pouch is the Sew Together Bag that I mentioned in my Friday Favorites last week. Such a great organizer!
Quick Garment Makes!
If you know your recipients general size, there are a lot of knit sewing patterns that sew up really quickly that make great gifts! Some of my ideas include:
- Linden Sweatshirt by Grainline Studio – This can be done entirely on the serger and done so quickly! I have 2 for myself and always keep it as a easy make for others.
- Laurelhurst Wrap by Straight Stitch Designs – Another one that can be done on the serger. Nice open front cardigan which is an easy fit!
- PJ Pants – Remember on Friday when I gushed about the Ultimate Pyjamas? That makes a great holiday gift and fit isn’t a huge concern!
I’ve been pinning some other handmade gift ideas to my Pinterest board here so if you’re running behind this year (it can’t just be me!), take a look there!
Are you making any gifts for people this year? What are you making?