Happy Friday everyone! I’m here sharing a few of my favorites in sewing tools, patterns and entertainment from the month of March that I enjoyed while working on my March sewing projects! If you missed it, check out my roundup of my March makes!
I used all 3 of my sewing tool favorites on this top! I used the EZ Hem Gauge when making the button band, the Rolled Hem foot for the hem and the Sewing Gauge for the button placement!
- Dritz EZ Hem Gauge – As someone who majorly dislikes seam gauges, this is a nice compromise and makes hemming a breeze!
- Rolled Hem and Narrow Hem Foot – This has been a huge help in sewing the super narrow hems on my shirts this month. I purchased a couple new feet this month and am always amazed at how helpful certain sewing mchine feet are. I used the rolled hem or narrow hem foot on the Bonn Shirt and Dove Blouse this month.
- Slimflex Expandable Sewing Gauge – Button layout is much easier with this expandable gauge. I first found this gadget when I was making my Southport Dress and used it this month for my Bonn Shirt. It’s a lot easier than transferring button placement over from the pattern and allows you to choose how many buttons you would like.
Here are a few of my favorite pattern releases from the month!
- Workroom Social Drape 1001 – This was officially released this month but I got it last month as part of pre-ordering the beautiful Miramar Fabrics from Workroom Social. I currently am sewing it up in this beautiful lemon print.
- Deer and Doe Luzerne Trench Coat – Guys, this may take me a whole year to make but I’m in love with it! I have the pattern and have ordered a beautiful twill fabric (the same twill used in the sample in a different colorway). It uses a ridicuolous amount of bias tape (11 yards!) so I am currently trying to figure out what Liberty Print from Liberty Haberdashery to pick.
- See Kate Sew Rosa Top – This top is just so comfy and cute! I plan on making a few more to throw over workout clothes on the weekend!
- Audio Books of the Month – I love listening to books while sewing. I have gotten out of the habit of reading or listening to books and got back into it a couple months ago. In March I listened to What Alice Forgot and My Not So Perfect Life. What Alice Forgot was my favorite of the two but if you’re looking for a cute mindless read, My Not So Perfect Life fits the bill.
- Maker Style Podcast – Rachel from Maker Style just started season 2 of the Maker Style Podcast and it’s amazing! The first episode was with Michelle from Style Maker Fabrics and all about spring trends in fashion – it had me day dreaming of all the amazing fabrics that Michelle has to offer. The second episode is with Elisalex from By Hand London. It’s in my queue to listen to this weekend!
- Real Housewives – I’m embarrassed to even write this, but Real Housewives of NY and Beverley Hills have been playing in the background while I’ve been sewing. While I think I like NY more than Beverley Hills, both are a nice escape from reality. Which series should I watch next??
What were your favorites for the month of March? Anything I should check out for April??
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!