Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m here sharing a few of my favorites in sewing tools, patterns and entertainment from the month of March that I enjoyed while working on my April sewing projects! If you missed it, check out my roundup of my April makes!
Sewing Tools –
- Seam Ripper – Is this a lame one? I have been seam ripping a lot these days…so I felt like it deserved an honorary mention here. I’m taking suggestions for a favorite seam ripper – I use the standard one that comes with your sewing machine and that’s the one I like, but given the amount of time I use one…maybe I should try another one?
- Thread Organizer – I’ve been trying hard to find some organizational solutions to my sewing room and this thread organizer is so helpful! I am always searching for the right thread color and being able to see what I have is half the battle.
- Mini Vacuum Cleaner – I’ve been having a lot of serger tension problems but was able to solve some of them with a thorough cleaning of the serger! I found this cute mini vacuum cleaner that makes cleaning it a breeze.
Here are a few of my favorite pattern releases from the month!
- Kalle Shirt + Shirtdress from Closet Case Patterns – The Kalle Shirt and Shirtdress is named after my favorite sewist Kalle, who owns Stitch Sew Shop. She is the woman responsible for teaching me how to sew and getting me completely hooked on garment sewing. We’re coming up on my one year sewing anniversary this month and what a way to celebrate but by making the Kalle Shirt. I am planing on making one in a class at Stitch this month in a black tencel twill. I plan on making the popover version and I can’t wait!
- Highlands Wrap Dress from Allie Olson at Indiesew – I am dying to make a top version of this new release from the Indiesew Spring/Summer Collection. Allie released a tutorial on how to hack the dress into a wrap top an it’s on my list of makes for the upcoming weeks. I even bought the same fabric that she used as well.
- Anza Jumpsuit and Dress from Itch to Stitch – After making my Bonn Shirt, I’ve been favoriting so many of the Itch to Stitch patterns. The Anza Dress is right up my ally and I would love to find a navy tencel twill to make the dress out of.
- Lodo Dress from True Bias – I feel like I can’t not mention this incredible pattern! I’ve now made two an plan on making many more – it is such a great pattern and dress and was my favorite release of the month that I’ve made!
Sewing Entertainment –
- Audio Books of the Month – I listened to two more books this month. This month I listened to Big Little Lies and Behind Closed Doors. I liked Big Little Lies a lot and we even watched the HBO series as well this month. I liked the book way better than the show. After listening to What Alice Forgot last month, I was excited to listen to another book by the same author. It was really good, although What Alice Forgot is my favorite of the two. Behind Closed Doors was super creepy – I like books like Gone Girl, but this was a little bit too creepy. Quick listen so not a huge loss, but not my favorite. I’ve been having commitment issues on my next audio book but have started two more and just need to commit to one!
- Real Housewives – I am still watching the Real Housewives series – now I’m onto New Jersey! This show is way too addicting. And to think, I used to make fun of people who watched it before! I just didn’t know what I was missing.
- Scandal – I have been a Scandal fan since the beginning and this season has been amazing! Anyone else watching?? So good!
What were your favorites for the month of April? Anything I should check out for May??
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!