I’ve been skipping out on my monthly favorite posts the past two months but now they’re back! They’re really fun to put together because they’re my time to share all my favorites from the prior month with you. In the past, they’ve been pretty sewing focused, but I’m going to try to make them a little bit more life focused in the new few months. If you missed my roundup of my June Makes, make sure to check it out! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
My Favorite Blog Posts of the Month:
- Allie J’s Papercut Patterns Adrift Dress – Did you catch Allie’s post on her Adrift dress? Guys, it is too cute! I’ve been thinking about making this pattern since I started sewing once I saw Kalle from Stitch Sew Shop’s version last year. Seeing it in a solid made my heart sing! I want to make basically the same exact dress now.
- Erica’s Tank Top Bonanza Post – Have you been following along with the Indiesew Tank Top Bonanza? I love a good comparison post and this one goes through two tanks I have in my stash – the Rumi Tank and the Adventure Tank. I thought her comparison was so helpful in understanding the differences between the two tanks and I like both of them! Fortunately I have both patterns – so an easy solution there.
- Helen’s Indie Shorts Pattern Roundup – Are you making shorts this summer? I am dying to, but haven’t gotten around to it. This roundup of all the indie short patterns will help make your decision a little bit easier (or convince you to make all of them!).
My Favorite Lifestyle Items of the Month?
- Lipsense – So, I am really really awful when it comes to makeup. I’ve never really worn lipstick and I have only recently gotten more in a makeup routine recently because of blog photos #bloggerlife. But, I came across the most amazing makeup company ever and they have such amazing lip color. It lasts all day (no really, all day) and comes in a ton of colors. I now use it every single day. I also recently have been using the makeup products – tinted moisturizer and eye makeup and it’s awesome too. If you want to see it for yourself, check out Sew Caroline’s Lipsense Instagram @lipsbycaroline! My favorite color is beige champagne, which you can see me wearing in almost all of my blog photos!
image from emilyley.com
- Gold Pineapple Cup – How cute is this cup? I really think it would be a perfect addition to my sewing room! I love all of Emily Ley’s products and this is no exception. If you don’t follow Emily on Instagram, I would totally recommend her account. She is all about simplified living and grace not perfection – a motto we all could live by! I also am a huge fan of her paperclips and use them for everything!
- PopSockets – I was gifted one of these when I was at the bachelorette party in Disney and it is amazing! You stick it on your phone and it pops out so it’s easier to hold your phone, can be used as a stand for your phone and can also be used as a mini-selfie stick. It also is so fun to play with.
Books I’ve Read This Month:
I recently re-started my goodreads account. Do you have one? I’d love to connect!
I read three books this month and I loved all of them!
- Crazy Rich Asians – This book is hysterical! It is the first book in a three part series about three Chinese families and the drama and gossip that occurs between them. It follows the family as the heir to a huge fortune brings home his ABC (American Born Chinese) Girlfriend to the royal wedding in Singapore. My summary cannot do it justice enough, but it’s so worth reading! I read it in 5 days and loved every minute of it. I started by listening to it on Audible, but because there are so many different characters the family tree included at the beginning of the book is crucial! So I would recommend picking this one up in hard copy (and flagging the family tree!)
- China Rich Girlfriend – Once I finished up Crazy Rich Asians, I dug right into it’s sequel, China Rich Girlfriend. Once you read Crazy Rich Asians, you’ll immediately want to jump into China Rich Girlfriend. I read this in hard copy too and it was another quick read!
- One True Loves – This is another quick read and a really great beach read. It’s about a girl who in her twenties marries her high school sweetheart and start their life full of adventure and travel. On their first anniversary, her husband was in a helicopter that dissappeared and he was presumed dead. She moves back home and re-starts her life, falling in love all over again and building a life for herself that is very different than the life she envisioned. She feels that she might get her life back and a second chance at happiness until her husband, Jesse, is found alive. The book follows her journey to determine who is her one true love? I finished this book in 2 nights because I just couldn’t put it down.
What were some of your June Favorites? Any good books you read or listened to?
**Note: this post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.**