Happy Friday! Today is my roundup of my monthly favorites – my (well yours! they were the most popular) favorite posts of mine from the month, my favorite lifestyle items and the books I read this month!
Favorite Posts of the Month
I went ahead and looked what my most popular blog posts of the month and here were the top 3:
- Twenty Seven – I shared 27 things about me in honor of my 27th birthday.
- Hadley Top – I sewed up the Hadley Top from Grainline Studios in the new substrate from Cotton and Steel.
- Charleston Dress – I sewed up the Charleston dress from Hey June for some pre-wedding festivities I attended for a friend.
Favorite Items of the Month
- Cricut Maker – I haven’t had a ton of time this month to play with this new toy of mine but I am so excited to test out all of it’s awesome features! I really want to sew up my first quilt soon and I think I’m going to use the Maker to cut all the fabric because precision cutting isn’t my strongest skill…..
- Rifle Paper Co Menagerie – I feel like I can submit this one without comment ha! But the fabrics in this collection are so beautiful. I have so many projects planned!
- Fringe Earrings – This month I tried to add some fun accessories to my outfits and loved these Fringe Earrings from Bauble Bar. I bought them in a few colors and have loved them!
Books I Read This Month
- The Husband’s Secret – This is the third book by Lianne Moriarty and it was another really good one! I think i still thought What Alice Forgot was my favorite of her books, but this came in second place. I read and listened to this book (listened in the car and while sewing but read while in bed or traveling on an airplane!) It really kept you guessing the whole time.
- The Couple Next Door – This book is kind of similar to like a Gone Girl or one of those type books. It was full of all sorts of twists and turns. While it probably wasn’t my favorite of those types of books, it was pretty good (minus the ending 🙁 ) and it was a super quick one! I think the audio was only 8 hours long. I read it in a weekend so it flew by!
- Why Not Me? – After some of the heavier books I’ve been reading, I opted for a quick read for my trip to NYC this month. I’ve had this book on my to-read shelf forever! Mindy Kaling’s book was super quick, really funny and a nice change of pace. I read it all in the two flights there and back and if you’re a Mindy Project or Mindy Kaling Fan, I’d recommend it!
- The Pretty Girls – Well this one was a complete 180 from Mindy Kaling’s book. This is a complete thriller. It is a little bit dark and graphic, but it completely caught my attention. I couldn’t stop listening. It’s about a family who’s eldest daughter disappeared 20 years ago and the story of her two sisters who fell out of touch due to various family conflicts. The rest of the story keeps you guessing the whole time. Another good one for the books!
On to September! Anyone have any good books they read this month?? Always looking for new suggestions! Are you on Goodreads? If so, I’d love to connect on there!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. See here for more details on affiliate links.
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!