I guess it’s time for me to bid goodbye to summer and say hello to Fall. I feel like October is the real start of fall for me so here it is! To wrap up my “summer” sewing, I added 10 garments to my handmade wardrobe. I linked them up below in case you missed any and shared my favorite, most worn and most repeatable garments from the month!
- Ebony Tee from Closet Case Patterns in a Rayon Spandex Knit from Sly Fox Fabrics
- Trevi Top from Hey June Handmade in a Cotton and Steel x Rifle Paper Co Rayon
- Gemma Tank from Made by Rae in a Suede Modal Woven from Style Maker Fabrics
- Brunch Blouse from Patterns for Pirates in a Rayon from LA Finch Fabrics
- Favorite Tee from Patterns for Pirates in a bamboo knit from La Mercerie (I actually made two of these this month!
- Forte Top from Love Notions in a Rayon Spandex Knit from So Sew English Fabrics
- Cocoon Cardigan from Patterns for Pirates in a Ponte Sweatshirt Knit from Style Maker Fabrics
- Alberta Pencil Skirt from Sew House Seven in a stretch denim from Style Maker Fabrics
Month in Review
Favorite – I think the Trevi Top was my favorite. I love the fabric I used, I was shocked that I loved the cut/style of the top and just loved the way it turned out. Win all around.
Most Worn – So truth be told, I don’t think I’ve worn any of these more than once this month – I blame my slacking on laundry for that! So…..they’ve all been worn the same amount – once!
Most Repeatable – The Favorite Tee is the most repeatable by far. In packing for Camp Workroom Social, I’m thinking I might make a couple more and wear those every day (boring….I know). But I love the pattern!
Probably won’t make again – New category this month! While I generally only pick things to make that I would enjoy, there are always things that either were a one time make (no interest in making a second) or didn’t turn out as planned. While I liked how all of these turned out, I probably won’t make another Ebony Tee for a while. I have a few already and think there are more flattering t-shirts on me for now. Doesn’t mean I won’t make another, but in looking at the patterns I sewed up this month, that one was probably the lowest on the list.
What were your favorite makes of the month? Anything you know you’re going to repeat again?
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!