October kicked off my fall travel schedule – between the beginning of October and Thanksgiving I think I’m in town as much as I’m out of town. As a non-traveler it’s not my favorite – but I have a really awesome trip planned in November to Utah and Hawaii so I’m getting excited about it!
Because of my travel and work schedule in October there wasn’t a ton of sewing time but I made the most of the time I had! I added 6 garments to my handmade wardrobe this month.
Tops and Outwear
- Linden Sweatshirt from Grainline Studios for the Camp Workroom Social PJ party in a lightweight french terry from So Sew English
- Ellsworth Jacket from Christine Haynes in a beautiful rayon wool blend from Stitch Sew Shop that I made at Camp Workroom Social
- Datura Blouse from Deer and Doe in a rayon from Minerva Crafts
- Halifax Hoodie from Hey June Handmade in a rayon french terry from Indiesew and bamboo french terry from Style Maker Fabrics
Skirts and Pants
- Alberta Street Pencil Skirt from Sew House Seven in a stretch twill from Stitch Sew Shop – I also put together a tutorial for sewing in a quick exposed zipper.
- Hudson Pants from True Bias in a french terry from Style Maker Fabrics for the Camp Workroom Social PJ party
Month in Review
- Favorite Make of the Month – I can’t get my Halifax Hoodie out of my head – I know it’s a simple garment, but I have been dying to wear it again since I made it!
- Most Worn – Due to my weird schedule this month, I actually haven’t worn anything I made this month more than once…..so I guess it’s a tie all around on this category this month!
- Most Repeatable – I’ve made a few pairs of Hudsons, a few Lindens and a few Albertas so most of this month’s makes were already repeats. But from the new makes I made – definitely the Halifax Hoodie!
- Probably Won’t Make Again – The Ellsworth Jacket was such a great learning experience and I do like how my jacket turned out, but there are so many other winter jackets I want to sew up that I probably won’t make another Ellsworth jacket!
What were your favorite makes of the month? Anything you are dying to make again?