October kicked off my fall travel schedule – between the beginning of October and Thanksgiving I think I’m in town as much as I’m out of town. As a non-traveler it’s not my favorite – but I have a really awesome trip planned in November to Utah and Hawaii so I’m getting excited about it!
Because of my travel and work schedule in October there wasn’t a ton of sewing time but I made the most of the time I had! I added 6 garments to my handmade wardrobe this month.
Tops and Outwear
- Linden Sweatshirt from Grainline Studios for the Camp Workroom Social PJ party in a lightweight french terry from So Sew English
- Ellsworth Jacket from Christine Haynes in a beautiful rayon wool blend from Stitch Sew Shop that I made at Camp Workroom Social
- Datura Blouse from Deer and Doe in a rayon from Minerva Crafts
- Halifax Hoodie from Hey June Handmade in a rayon french terry from Indiesew and bamboo french terry from Style Maker Fabrics
Skirts and Pants
- Alberta Street Pencil Skirt from Sew House Seven in a stretch twill from Stitch Sew Shop – I also put together a tutorial for sewing in a quick exposed zipper.
- Hudson Pants from True Bias in a french terry from Style Maker Fabrics for the Camp Workroom Social PJ party
Month in Review
- Favorite Make of the Month – I can’t get my Halifax Hoodie out of my head – I know it’s a simple garment, but I have been dying to wear it again since I made it!
- Most Worn – Due to my weird schedule this month, I actually haven’t worn anything I made this month more than once…..so I guess it’s a tie all around on this category this month!
- Most Repeatable – I’ve made a few pairs of Hudsons, a few Lindens and a few Albertas so most of this month’s makes were already repeats. But from the new makes I made – definitely the Halifax Hoodie!
- Probably Won’t Make Again – The Ellsworth Jacket was such a great learning experience and I do like how my jacket turned out, but there are so many other winter jackets I want to sew up that I probably won’t make another Ellsworth jacket!
What were your favorite makes of the month? Anything you are dying to make again?
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!