I had the idea for this post a couple months ago and never got around to writing it. But now it’s happening! I thought it would be fun to share the patterns I make to wear to work and then some additional work wear patterns that I have my eyes set on.
I wear business causal almost every day at work, but occasionally I have to be a bit more dressed up. To make this post most applicable to people I divided it up into work tops, work dresses and work bottoms. I included in each section patterns I’ve made along with patterns I think that would also be good fits for each category as well.
Pictured above: Gemma Tank, Silk Cami and Trevi Top
Almost everyday at work you can catch me in either a rayon top with sleeves or a tank top and a sweater with a pair of pants. A few of my favorites include:
- Sew Over It Silk Cami – I’ve made so many of these but they’re always great for layering!
- Gemma Tank – Another great layering tank.
- Trevi Top – I love that this one can be worn with a sweater during the day and without one after work. It’s just so flowy!
- The Fringe Top – I love that this one doesn’t require me to wear a sweater (I don’t love to wear sleeveless to work).
- Sutton Blouse – I don’t know why I haven’t made more of this pattern – another great no sweater required top.
- Molly Top – This is a more casual look a it really is a t-shirt but because of it’s neckline I feel like with a necklace it can be dressed up!
Pictured above: Fringe Top, Sutton Blouse and Molly Top
Jackets and Cardigans
Pictured above: Laurelhurst Cardigan, Julia Cardigan and Cocoon Cardigan
I always bring a cardigan with me to work. I have three favorite cardigans for work:
Pictured above: Heather Dress, Molly Dress and Panama Tee Dress
Work dresses can sometimes be the best secret pajamas in the whole world. I almost always opt for pants and a top, but recently have been picking the dresses instead. A few of my me made favorites include:
- The Molly Dress – This one gets the most wear in my closet and is so comfy!
- The Panama Tee Dress – I wore this a bunch over the summer for the more casual days. Super comfy as well!
- The Heather Dress – I just love the silhouette on this dress – of course anything Sew Over It just makes you feel put together!
- The Aldaia Dress – I wore this dress yesterday – the skirt is just too fun!
- The Lodo Dress – I love this dress so much! It’s a great basically everything dress.
Pictured above: Aldaia Dress and Lodo Dress
Truth is, I only have one for this category because I’ve been too afraid to try sewing up a pair of work pants. My favorite and only work bottom is the Alberta Street Pencil Skirt.
What are you favorite work wear patterns? Have you made work pants??
Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you purchase anything off these links at zero cost to you. As always, my opinions are 100% my honest opinions. See here for more details on affiliate links.
Handmade by Lara Liz Newsletter
Subscribe to receive sewing inspiration directly to your email!