How is it already December? I really should be knee deep in Christmas shopping and Christmas making, but I’m pushing that off till next week.
I don’t expect this month to be nearly as productive as last month, but I’m going to raise the bar a little bit on my plans and hope I can make everything I plan. I’m headed to Florida for a weekend trip next week and then the holidays will break up the month but time off always helps my sewing. Many things to look forward to this month!
Also, I’ve been getting to know my new (!!) sewing machine a little better and getting more comfortable with how to use it. I had a Bernina before, but the 7 series is a lot different than my 530 was. I will do a blog post and my review of the 765 at some point, but for now I’m just spending some quality time with my 765 + YouTube to learn all the tips and tricks!
So, here’s the list:
- Milano Cape by Papercut Patterns – I’m taking a class this month at Stitch for this cape and I can’t wait to see how it turns out! I have never owned a cape or even tried one on, but I think this will be super cozy during the winter months plus it’ll teach me a lot of techniques in the process. Fabric is still to be determined.
- Saiph Tunic by Papercut Patterns – This is another class at Stitch and I decided to shorten the tunic by 4″ and make it into a top. I’m doing the frilly skirt bottom and I chose a floral rayon to make it out of. The fabric is very slippy and tricky to work with which has already caused problems, but I am really looking forward to the finished product.
- Molly Top by Sew Over It – I made a Molly Dress last month and loved it so I really want to make the top version as well this month. I would like to make it out of a striped jersey if I can stomach pattern matching! I have some navy blue and white jersey from Sew Over It that would be very similar to Lisa’s sample.
- Molly Cardigan by Liola Patterns – As a big drapey cardigan person this is calling my name! I purchased some more of the rayon jersey I used for my Julia Cardigan last month and I think it will be the perfect fit for this cardigan as well!
- Ultimate Shift Dress Top by Sew Over It – This was another favorite from my November makes that will be making a re-occurrence in December as well. It’s such a great work top!
- Ultimate Trousers by Sew Over It – I’ve made a couple pairs of Ultimate Trousers in the past but have never nailed the fit. I think the shape is the right shape for me, it’s just finding the perfect fabric + the perfect size. I really love this version that I made this summer:
I want to try to make another one in a size down and add a waistband to it. Lisa Comfort posted a tutorial on how to do that here on her blog and I think it might help with these pants a lot!
- Hudson Pants by True Bias – I mentioned in my November Makes that I wanted to try the Hudson Pants as they’re similar to the Anima Pant I made, but might be more fitted and lower rise. I got the pattern and traced its good to go! I’m going to make it them in a french terry.
- Alberta Pencil Skirt by Sew House Seven – Yes, you read that right, I want to make another one! This time in dark blue denim.
- Charleston Dress by Hey June Handmade – I mentioned I’m headed to Florida this month and this dress just screams Florida to me! I was inspired Sew Charleston’s version and I immediately bought the same fabric. Will be perfect for dinner in Florida. Hoping to take some pretty pictures of it down there! Here’s a peak at the fabric, which you can see the details of here.
What are on your sewing plans for December? Any patterns that I should check out?