Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year! I unfortunately do act like Scrooge till I’m off for the Holidays, but this year, I’m trying to get into the spirit a little bit earlier. This is my first Christmas as a sewist and there are lots of things on my Christmas list that are sewing related. If you’re a sewist looking to populate a Christmas list or a friend of a sewist looking for a fun gift for your friend, hopefully this list helps!
- Specialty Sewing Machine Feet – As a huge gadget person, I love different tools and trying them out! I have a Bernina machine and much like other sewing machines, there are so many different feet! Some of my favorite are the walking foot, zipper foot, and edge stitch foot. I also added the binder attachment foot for pre-folded bias to my wish list. But, I can’t live without my invisible zipper foot – makes installing them SO much easier. I think some of the feet don’t aide enough to warrant them, but some much such a huge difference – these ones listed above top my list! Bernina accessories have to be bought through a dealer, but other machines may be able to buy machine accessories online.
- Zirkle – This is my favorite pin cushion – is it a cushion if it’s not soft? Pin magnet? Anyways, the magnet is so strong and also is a great tool for unwinding metal bobbins. I have one in my sewing room but could easily have 2 or 3. They come in a variety of colors as well.
- Fabric – This seems like a simple one, but there so many beautiful fabrics out there that would be great gifts! I put some of my favorite fabrics I have my eye on on my Pinterest Board.
- Embroidery Kit – As someone who is new to hand sewing (and slightly deficient at it!) I’ve been loving embroidery kits recently. Studio MME has been one of my favorites and their DC themed embroidery is adorable!
- English Paper Piecing Set – I’ve been so intrigued by all the adorable hexi projects I’ve seen on Instagram and Pinterest. After seeing Kalle’s Sew it Together Bag from this weekend, I’m sold! Fat Quarter Shop has an super cute starter set and this plus a mini charm pack would be a great gift to get someone started.
What is on your sewing wish-list for the holiday season?